Friday, September 10, 2010

Karen's Final Reflections


From Karen:
There are so many things that moved me, but if I have to pick a couple, I would have to say that one would be meeting Josephine's father, Ibrahim Gitonga. He works humbly as the hands and feet of Jesus in his rural community. It is not a surprise that Ibrahim (a name that means "father to many") is a father figure to many of our sponsored kids, and in a visit to his compound we saw many of our kids laughing and playing as well as some of the older ones he has taken to live in his home. His smile and the shine in his eyes are just a bit of evidence of the joy he shares being the servant leader that he is.

It was also extra special for me to meet Harriet, the young woman I have sponsored for several years. It was a treat to sit with her and talk and to feel a connection that I have treasured so long in our letters... To be able to visit her home, meet her mother, and give her a hug in person was a dream come true for me. She is an inspiration to me and it has been an honor to be able to have such a close relationship with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment