Saturday, August 28, 2010

Greg's Reflections on Friday's Seminar

Greetings from (the new) Kenya--

I'm in a cybercafe in Meru right now with my colleagues from UPPC, specifically Bob Mohr, Emily Bosh, and Karen Lau. (Peter and Josephine Mburugu and their daughter Joy are also with us on the trip but off running errands right now.) It's my first chance to review email, and I thought I'd take the opportunity to check in.

It was especially touching to me that many of our sponsored children, who have never met us but received photos in our correspondence, asked after my wife, Peggy. This included three students from universities as far away as Eldoret, a full day's travel to the west of Meru, who had come simply to express directly their gratitude for the support we had been led by the grace of God to provide to them during their high school years. The Spirit-given poise and grace of these young people is simply amazing to behold! I can assure those of you who currently sponsor children in this program that you are doing a wonderful thing indeed!

I'll share more when I return. Meanwhile, may God's Peace be with each of you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you all for taking the time to update this and telling us some stories. What a wonderful turnout for the seminar!! May you continue to make wonderful connections and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete