Monday, August 9, 2010

Pregnancy Update

Third trimester began on Saturday, although my belly is so much bigger this time around, I feel as though I'm more like a few weeks from delivery. Everything is healthy and looking fantastic so far. THANK YOU to everyone who has been praying for me & baby.

I have one more midwife appointment this Thursday before I leave; my final chance to ask questions, and her final chance to tell me if there are any contraindications for my departure.

My biggest concerns at this point:
1. That baby would not be affected at all by the malaria medication I take (mefloquine/Larium)
2. That I would make it comfortably (is that too much to ask??) through my flights to Kenya and back.
3. That riding around on the bumpy roads in Kenya would not cause any harm to baby, placenta, etc. The bumps are also a concern for Peggy, who has pretty painful arthritis issues in her back and legs.

Again, thanks for all the support and encouragement out there! God is good...

No comments:

Post a Comment